background

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am Blank Because


I saw this on the blog "Little Miss Momma" and it spoke to me. Not only were some of her answers exactly what I would say, but her idea of writing this stuff down has motivated me to do the same on this blog, even though I know no one reads it anymore:)
I am doing this simply for the therapy that I am sure it will provide!
So here goes.

I am weird because:

*I don't like milk.
*I make our family keep our shoes in the garage.
*I have lots of clocks in my house that are not set to the correct time.
*I need lots of weighty blankets or pillows on top of my legs when I sleep at night. (A single sheet or flimsy blanket will have me tossing and turning all hours.)
*I eat air popped popcorn with real butter and salt as a meal multiple times a week.
*I am taking time out of my busy life to do this random post.
*I prefer NOT to take care of a pet.
*I like to clean. A LOT. Sometimes I like to clean and organize more than I like to be outside of my house living life, doing other things that people would deem fun.
*I have a "purchasing random magazines" addiction.
*I don't believe that dishes are truly clean unless they have been through a dishwasher cycle.
*I don't get frazzled with all the crazy messes my kids leave all over the house but I DO get frazzled when I am asked to do something on the fly.
*I prefer to have fresh, clean air coming in through the windows, at least once a day, even if it is the dead of winter. Even if snow is falling.
*I would rather shop for home furnishings and home accessories than clothing, shoes or purses yet I do not enjoy the process of decorating a house.
*I would rather scrub a MILLION toilets than blow dry my hair or fiddle with makeup and I am secretly jealous that boys can just "shower and go."
*I would rather watch an entire season in 3 nights on DVD than watch a show weekly.
*I procrastinate finishing every single project I begin, no matter how excited I am about it.
*I don't like adult feet. I mean, I appreciate what they do, but I get creeped out looking at grown up people's feet. I think all feet are ugly unless they are tiny (like age 3 or less).



I’m a bad friend because…

*I sometimes take days to check my voice mails.
*I am terrible at returning phone calls.
*I have trouble committing to activities and play dates until the last minute.
*I always say what I’m thinking.
*I am a home body and like to keep to myself.


I’m a good friend because…

*I would give any friend of mine the shirt off my back if need be.
*I do not hold grudges.
*I love my friends' kiddos like they are my own.
*I am your friend for life if you have ever even said one nice thing to me. I don't delineate between friends. I would do anything for any of them.
*I’m not afraid to get silly and slap happy.
*I always put my friends' concerns and care before my own.
*I am a home body and like to keep to myself but LOVE to have people over and USUALLY can be talked into leaving to do something fun!


I’m sad because…

*I wish my family lived closer.
*There is too much crap that goes on in the world that messes with people's lives.
*Brayden is sporadic with taking naps lately and his babyhood is slipping away.
*My kids are growing up and I know they will only be in my complete care for a short time.
*I sometimes let little things get in the way of the big picture.
*I am not living in the warm, fun town that I love.
*I am not teaching this year.
*I have lost the desire to do a lot of the fun memory keeping projects that used to bring me such joy and satisfaction.
*My stupid body won't let me have any more sweet children.
*Not everyone I love has all the comforts and joys that I have.
*I never feel like I can get all the things done that I want to.
*I miss my St. George peeps.
*I know this snow will be sticking around for at LEAST another 6 months.




I’m happy because…

*Of the many awesome people that have come into my life since we moved here.
*I have a new, fresh and clean house that is easy to take care of and warm.
*I FINALLY enjoy cooking!
*It’s that time of year when we can play Christmas music and cozy up with hot chocolate.
*My kids are thriving and healthy and doing well in school.
*Life is more simple here in this small town.
*I have a perfect view of the sunset each evening.
*I get to hear Brayden's sweet baby voice all day long and snuggle with him whenever I please (which is almost constant).
*We’re going to be visiting family and friends in Utah very, very soon. I can't wait!
*I have a perfect view of the sunset each evening.



I’m excited for…

*Black Friday and the exhilarating feeling it is to get all my Christmas shopping done in one morning!
*The new family pictures that will be in my hands within the month!
*Cousins laughing.
*Turkey eating.
*Game playing.
*Movie watching.
*Family time.


So, there it is. I find it interesting that my "weird" column is much larger than all the rest! I thought of MANY things that make me weird. I could probably think of many more actually. I guess I am glad that I have people who love me despite my weird quirks. Life is good.


3 comments:

Jaime said...

Hi! I always check in every little bit, to see if you have written anything! So you have a devoted reader! What a great idea for a post, and I will have to do this one soon. Glad you are doing well. You will have to let me in on the "enjoying cooking" part, cause I just don't have that at all. :) Talk to ya soon!

Renee said...

Hey! I enjoyed reading your posts and catching up with how your sweet family is! Hope all is well.

Laura and her boys! said...

I'm still reading your blog! When you update it that is :)

I hope you don't mind, but I will be stealing this blog idea from you! It was really fun to read about you although I knew most of this stuff already!

Can't wait to see you again at Christmas. Be sure to give me a call!!! Love and miss you girlie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...