background

Monday, September 14, 2009

Let the Good Times Roll!

So, we've made it to the 4 month mark!!! This is officially my favorite BABY stage! I feel like it is time to just relax and enjoy this baby! This is definitely the turning point for me. Brayden is strong enough to hold up his head and basically sit propped up YET he is not able to move a whole lot which makes life pretty much perfect! He is enjoying tummy time a little better and can handle some time to himself a little every day. He is ALL smiles most of the time and is having longer stretches between meals. He is even napping a bit more consistently. And this is all happening within the last two weeks. He is just getting bigger and more comfortable with life. He IS teething however. Kind of the only down side to his days lately. Hopefully those teeth will pop up soon so he can quit trying to digest his entire fist!

We started solid food, even though doctors suggest 6 months nowadays to do this. Since my child is on the upper side of the percentile scale, he is okay to have a few calories from rice cereal and applesauce here and there.

At 3 months old, we took Brayden in to see the doc and back then, he was 15 lbs 7 oz. Today, at his FOUR month appointment, he is a whopping. . .

16 pounds 6 ounces!!!

Some of our FAVORITE THINGS about our 4-month-old Brayden:

1. His giggliness (not sure if that's a word) but he IS a giggler!

2. His friendliness. He is still such a social bug. LOVES people and loves to be out and about!

3. His fat rolls. I am obsessed with his little chubby legs! I could squish them all day! I love his rolly-polly little body!

4. His eagerness to learn about life. This kid LOVES new adventures and places. He loves having conversations and makes the cutest little noises. He is happiest when he is experiencing something NEW! I wish I had his ZEST for life sometimes!

4 comments:

SarahMarie said...

I love that baby. He is so cute and I love being around you all. I just love you guys. He is adorable and so cute when he giggles and smiles at me.

The Walch Family said...

He is so dang cute!!! I can't wait to see you all!

Laura and her boys! said...

Wow! Doesn't time just fly by? I sure did miss you at Canasta last night :( Let's go do something soon!

emurdock said...

Oh my Steph!!! Your baby boy is so cute and chubby! i can not believe that at 4 months he is only 2 pounds 10 oz smaller then Kayla is at 16 months! She just weighed in at 19 pounds 5 oz. Crazy! I sure love a chubby baby, they are so fun to cuddle!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...